Ok, so Blaine had an MRI for a pinched nerve in his neck after he found out that he's having a tonsilectomy on Thursday the 31st. He's doing pretty good and the Dr. says having this surgery will "change his life". That could be a good thing for the sleep apnea (sp?) and snoring. And it comes at the perfect time since he will be starting school on August 25th - masters in Engineering and Information Systems Management (i think that's it). He's pretty excited about that and we're still trying to work out all of the details of having 1 car and living 35 miles away but we're confident this is what he needs to do so it will all work out great.
Tucker is doing absolutely amazing, as you have seen from all of the smileboxes :) He is "moving up" on August 25th to the Pre-School class. We thought they would wait because he is already younger than most of the kids but they said "NO!" he MUST go with them - LOL. He's loving school and they have water park day twice a week so that's the BEST. If you'd like to log in to his school and watch him some time let me know and I'll send you the login information and link! He talks all the time, plays well alone or with children and is the joy of my life! Aama just watched him this past Sunday and proclaimed "he is so good!" and that makes a parent feel really great - especially when you have a 2 year old!! He says Thank you and please and you're welcome and really is a good guy! He is a big huge helper - even the dog poop!! When we drop him off at school in the morning, the boys are at one table and the girls are at another but they have kept a seat open just for Tucker - isn't that cute - for now !!
I'm hanging in there actually pretty well. I am full time at SMU - since March 24th and have just recently resigned my part time job with our church as of the 31st of July. I will continue to handle the administrative stuff for them until the end of August but I no longer have to go in at 7am and work until 1:30 on Sunday mornings - Tucker and Daddy are very happy about that. I love my job and have made lots of changes and am looking forward to making many more :)
We love being able to get onto blogs, websites and photo links to see and stay in touch with all of you so far away. I actually log on every night to view them as it gives me such a peace and warm feeling to see all of you who have become "my family". Being back in Texas these past 2 years has really been great. Although I struggled, am still struggling and probably will continue to struggle a little, it has been so amazing to be around Blaine's Mom & Dad and the rest of his family - not to mention Steve (Bubba) and Monica (Mojo) who live just 3 houses down and Tucker can pretty much walk himself down there for ice cream, jello or a popcicle - or to water their tree in the back yard !!
I'm going to stop now so you can catch your breath and will try to make sure to update each time I post something new. I'll send out an update on Blaine's surgery this weekend some time. He won't be able to talk or I'd have you call him on his week off but you can email him at itzenmaster@gmail.com and he can chat by fingers with you.
We LOVE you all and hope to hear from you soon.
The Reid Team!
keep your head up, keep your heart strong
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment